Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is the skilling and placement initiative of the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India. DDU-GKY has its origins in the Aajeevika Skills programme and the ‘Special Projects’ component of the Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY). The scheme focuses on catering to the occupational aspirations of rural youth and enhancing their skills for wage employment.
Implementation of DDU-GKY involves State Governments, Technical Support Agencies like the National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD & PR), and Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs).
MoRD has notified the Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to be followed while implementing the programme. It is mandatory for all project functionaries under DDU-GKY to be trained, assessed and certified in the Standard Operating Procedures. This e-learning portal is designed to facilitate self-learning of the SOP as well as certification.
NIRD & PR plays the following three major roles in implementing DDU-GKY:
- It is responsible for appraisal, monitoring and evaluation of projects implemented under DDU-GKY.
- It works as a knowledge partner of MoRD in developing procedures for implementing the programme and conducting research on related activities.
- It acts as a training partner by building capacities of various entities in the DDU-GKY ecosystem. The design, development and administration of this portal has been undertaken as part of this role.
More details on NIRD & PR and its activities are available at www.nird.org.in
Certification is mandatory for functionaries involved in project implementation under DDU-GKY. Different courses have been prescribed for different functionaries.
Click here for the certification requirements of different project functionaries
Steps to obtain a certificate
1. Register on this portal.
2. Enrol as a student in the appropriate course.
3. Study the course at your own pace. You can take the Self-assessment test at the end of each chapter and a Mock test at the end of the course.These tests are not mandatory but they will help you assess your progress in the course.
4. Book a slot online to take the Final Certification examination at a designated centre.
5. Appear for the examination as per the slot.
6. Successful candidates at this examination will be awarded a certificate valid for one year.
Request For DDU-GKY Project